I wish I could go back to my grade 10 self and tell her that she’s doing well.

A long time ago, I was not who I am today. 

I guess I am pretty happy with how i have shaped as a person because basically everything that hurt me three years ago is what ignited me to be me. 

Something I don’t get though is what my true self is like, or who that is. 

It’s weird because we all put on numerous faces depending on who we are with and for me at least, when I am all alone, I don’t know how to act because there is no one I have to be someone for.

I think we are not one type of person, rather we are seen by ourselves as a lot of different types because of out attitudes with those who are around us. 

If this was too much to wrap your head around, then welcome to the mind of a professional over-thinker. 

What I like to do is analyze people in different situations, and with different people, and make conclusions about them. I would never tell them who I perceive them though because they are strictly assumptions. 

I think because of my past or worrying what people will think of me, I took it upon myself to think about what other people worry people think of them – again, professional over-thinker. 

I have become an outgoing person and I genuinely think that what I have to offer to the people around me is valuable.

I learned that you don’t know your worth until you put yourself out there and see how much you have to offer. 

I also think that change in a person is vital because imagine living in a simulation where everything is followed by a routine.

I don’t think I can express how important change has been for me. 

Choosing different people to be in your life, changing your attitude, your view on the world, and changing how you treat those around you. 

As I grew and made mistakes, I learned valuable lessons from them and how critical feedback is, whether it be intentional or just a comment. 

Having an outside perspective on the type of person you are deems momentous to me because we just aren’t able to take our eyes out of their sockets, and ear off out head to see and hear ourselves differently. 

I learned that getting to know people’s assumptions who aren’t fond of you is an excellent way for self improvement because they think the worst of you, and you are in control of changing that.

Lastly, I have learned to accept myself, be happy and to let what it is just be what it is. 

I promise you reading this, that once you have the “it is what it is” mentality, you will begin accepting yourself which will ultimately make you feel content. 

The ups and downs I have experienced were all set ups to make me who I am, and I am extremely thankful for that. 

Now, professional over-thinker and future psychologist – OUT.